Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Chuzzle

At the behest of my friend, and fellow group member, Wren I decided to check out the game Chuzzle. It's a PopCap game, so I knew from the start that I was in for a good bit of repetitive but addicting game play, but what I did not expect was a full on assault of cuteness.

This game has almost everything an e-tard could want in a game. Vibrant and colorful visuals, repetitive techno music, and a mode where you can never lose no matter how hard you try. However, I don't usually pop a few rolls when I want to sit down and play videogames (I hear that's like taking icecream scoops out of your brain) so I must say that most of that appeal is lost on me. However, what I do like about this game is that it managed to make me like games like Bejewled.

As a rule I hate Bejweled clones. I hate the original, the sequel, I hate Hexic HD, Santa Balls 1, 2 and 3. There's just not much in the genre of lineing up same colored objects that I enjoy, however there is something that I do love, and that's Rubik's Cubes. Playing Chuzzle is like solving a neverending rubik's cube that's peppered with explosions (and explosions make everything better).

So I guess I must reluctantly say 'check it out' to the Chuzzle. It's no Insane Aquarium, but I guess not every game can be as fun as feeding your pet fish.

No comments: